So you want to buy your wife an Alaska fishing trip for Valentines Day but she needs some coaxing? Well, you’ve come to the right place. After thirty years as an Alaskan lodge owner, I’ve got love stories that would bring Hollywood to their knees. So let me give you a few tips to help convince your partner that a fishing trip in Alaska is a romantic hit.
- Alaska’s chilly nights lead to cuddling
- Bear sightings bring couples closer together
- Fireside chats with frosty mugs of Alaskan Ale lead to deep conversation
- You think your wife looks sexy when wearing waders
- Long days of fishing generally lead to back rubs
- There’s lots of one-on-one time when there’s no one else in an 80 mile radius
- Rubbing Deet on the back of your wife’s neck can lead to intimacy (as long as you don’t touch anything else)
- Flyfishing tends to make you look like Brad Pitt in A River Runs Through It
- "Honey, you caught a big one!" takes on a whole new meaning
- Romantic meals served on top of a mountain with a glacier view, now come on, that's legitimately romantic!
What more can I say, the Alaskan wilderness is a powerful aphrodisiac. All it takes is one gourmet meal served by our incredible chef, and I've got a single angler in the kitchen helping with dishes. Or one moment spent in our hot tub, and I'm flying out champagne to celebrate a couple's renewal of their wedding vows. And don't get me started on the fact that every year my young guide falls in love with my kitchen help. Now that's just one more episode in a series that I like to call As the River Turns.
So if you're looking for romance, to ignite that sparkle in your wife's eyes, to make her feel like she's the most important thing in the world (as long as she's standing next to a trophy sized Rainbow Trout), then a week at Talaheim Lodge is the perfect way to hook her heart.
Only two weeks remain available in our 2014 fishing season: August 24th and August 31st. So act quickly! Ask your doctor if you're healthy enough to use our Alaskan aphrodisiac, and I'll be sure to chill the champagne.
Happy Valentines Day Anglers,